The CALLE 24 Corridor Manager will support economic development efforts within the Calle 24 commercial corridor (along 24th Street from Bartlett to Potrero) by working with the Office of Economic and Workforce Development’s Invest in Neighborhoods Program, the Calle 24 Latino Cultural District Council, local businesses and nonprofits, and residents to ensure an economically and culturally vibrant and healthy corridor. This is a full-time, exempt position that reports to the Calle 24 Council President. This position is funded through a grant provided by the Invest in Neighborhoods Program.
Compensation: $60,000-$70,000, commensurate with experience.
Corridor Economic Development
- Lead implementation of economic development strategies informed by the community and corridor data;
- Conduct corridor marketing activities;
- Ensure commercial corridor activities are informed by larger efforts tied to the vision of the Latino Cultural District;
- Conduct business retention and attraction activities for the corridor;
- Be a resource for all small businesses and community institutions along the corridor and Latino Cultural District connecting them with available services, programs and opportunities to engage in events and activities for the LCD.
- Be a resource for information on neighborhood efforts of the Calle 24 Latino Cultural District Council;
- Conduct corridor outreach and door to door visits to businesses and community institutions within the Latino Cultural District;
- Maintain relationships with businesses, property owners, community institutions, City agencies and partners;
- Support preservation of cultural assets as an economic development strategy;
- Maintain documentation and develop databases of corridor work for tracking and reporting purposes.
Planning and Reporting
- Track, monitor and document corridor activity, needs and implementation of services;
- Ensure timely submission of progress reports and regular communication with Program Lead and OEWD point person.
- Work with LCD Board Chair to develop a 12-month work plan that delineates project tasks, timelines and targeted out put and outcomes;
- Meet monthly with Program Manager and OEWD to review project plans, activities, problem-solve, and plan merchant organizing activities;
- Attend committee and monthly meetings for the Calle 24 Latino Cultural District Council to report on progress and provide support around merchant and corridor activities;
- Provide all information necessary to fiscal sponsor for grant reporting requirements.
The Corridor Manager will be thoroughly committed to the mission and vision of Calle 24 Latino Cultural District. All candidates should have proven community organizing, community development, and project management skills, as well as knowledge of the 24th Street corridor. Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong marketing and public relations skills, with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders
- Experience working on community-driven projects that involve private, public partnerships
- Experience with economic development planning and implementation projects a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong skills in software applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Bilingual/bicultural (English/Spanish)
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven and self-directed
- Adaptable and innovative
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter that addresses your qualifications for the job, addressed to: Corridor Manager Search Committee, and email these materials to email@example.com. The deadline to apply for the position is June 30, 2016.
Download job announcement >> (word doc)