Calle 24 Latino Cultural District is a non-profit whose mission is to preserve, enhance and advocate for Latino cultural continuity, vitality, and community in San Francisco’s touchstone Latino Cultural District and the greater Mission neighborhood.
Administrative Support Position
The Admin will serve as the point person for Calle 24 Latino Cultural District. They will interact directly with the public representing the organization and cultural district. They will provide support to the staff and to the council, as well as to the public.
- Maintenance and upkeep of the public office.
- Organize office operations and procedures.
- Manage/organize digital resources. Some data entry and reporting.
- Coordinate and manage information flow. Address communication from multiple sources in a timely manner.
- Create and manage organization calendars. Coordinate logistics and materials for the orgs trainings, programs, meetings, and events. Plan in-house and off-site activities including conferences, events, catering, celebrations, mixers and more.
- Maintain event calendars, coordinate web updates, draft, create, and disseminate promotional materials.
- Manage invoicing.
- Represent the Calle 24 LCD at public events, conferences and community events when needed.
- Greet and support visitors.
- Make copies, run errands, manage inventory of office supplies and equipment.
- Light bookkeeping, invoicing. Manage office budget.
- Provide staff support.
- Coordinate translation and editing as needed.
- Minimum 2 years experience in office or administrative work.
- Excellent writing/editing/verbal communication skills in Spanish and English.
- Support our Mission and Vision statements. https://www.calle24sf.org/en/about/mission-and-vision/
- Understand the nuanced issues facing the Mission district, gentrification, displacement, challenges affecting business owners, and others.
- Enjoy interacting with the public.
- Familiarity with GSuite (Google docs/sheets/calendar) and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to respond quickly and meet deadlines.
- Energetic, mature. Excellent time management and communication. Detail-oriented, problem solving skills. Creative and able to improvise in a fast-paced environment. Able to multitask, prioritize, and follow through. Self-starter, organized, able to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Familiarity with bookkeeping program like Quickbooks a plus.
- Familiarity with data structures, reporting, organizing, exporting, entry.
- A native of San Francisco’s Mission District and/or community activism in the area a plus.
- Nonprofit experience a plus.
This is a contract position, approximately 20 hours per week, lasting 12 months with potential for renewal.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org